Audio, Light, and AV
This Frank Matcham designed building dates from 1907, and was purchased by its current owners,Delfont Macintosh Ltd, in 2014.
The famous impresario, Cameron Macintosh, decided to refurbish the historic venue,in preparation for the opening of the Broadway musical‘Hamilton’.
Working to a Theatre Projects Consultants specification, LSI Projects, worked with one of their Electrical sub-contractors, Samson&Strong, to supply and install the complete Lighting, Sound, and AV technical infrastructure.Respecting the historic condition of the Grade II listed building, electrical and data cabling were carefully routed in keeping with the rest of the refurbishment.
The works were part of a multi-million refurbishment which saw the theatre extended, remodelled, and refurbished, whilst maintaining its historic features and finishes.
Care was taken by LSI, and Samson & Strong, to preserve the fabric of the building whilst providing the functionality that the new infrastructure required. This included bespoke facility panels and lighting bars which were integrated with the fine finishes and ornate plaster. Loudspeaker cabling was chased into the walls and then plastered and painted over. The effect is the audience is blissfully unaware of the re-modelling and only sees a gloriously restored theatre.
John Riddell - Senior Consultant, Theatre Projects Consultants